Enroll now for the Intro To Aerial Silks Class At Ascend Aerial Arts – no previous experience necessary
This 90 minute class is for those curious about aerial silks or interested in developing strong core and upper body with conditioning exercises on and off the silks. No experience necessary. Try it once and you’ll be hooked!
All participants must be in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in aerial silk activities. All aerial silks participants will be asked to provide proof of COVID vaccination to participate in aerial silks classes. Face masks are optional for aerial students. Click here for more info on how to prepare for class.
Space is limited. Once class begins there are no refunds and no make up classes. We require a minimum of 5 students to hold a class. Participants 12 and older are welcome. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Intro Class – First Sat of each month at 11:30AM & Every other Friday at 6:30pm:
- Sat October 7th at 11:30AM
- Fri October 20th at 6:30PM
- Fri November 3rd at 6:30PM
- Sat November 4th at 11:30AM
- Fri November 17th at 6:30PM
- Sat December 2nd at 11:30AM
Preparing for Class
COVID 19 CHECKLIST:
For the health and safety of our students and staff, have the following ready before your FIRST CLASS:
- New Students must confirm attendance 2 days before the first class.
- Proof of Vaccination (https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ or image of your COVID vaccination card) then EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org or TEXT 650.489.6573.
- Face Masks are optional for aerial students & instructors
- All new students (or their parent/guardian) must sign the following:
- Arrive on time – come at least 15 minutes before class starts. A full warm-up is necessary for injury prevention and improves your ability to perform the all of the exercises in the class.
If we do not receive your attendance confirmation via email reply at least 2 days before the class start date, your spot will be given to someone on the waitlist and you may lose your class credit.
What to bring to class?
- Yoga Mats and/or Large Towel are recommended.
- Bring your water bottle to stay hydrated! We offer filtered water for refills.
- Cubicles are available to store your belongings.
- Face Masks worn during class are optional
What do I wear & not wear for aerial classes?
- NO “Metal” Policy. All students are asked to remove all jewelry before coming to class including rings, earrings, piercings, bracelets etc.,
- NO ZIPPERS PLEASE! Wear clothing without metal parts (e.g. zippers) it may cause injury or snag the fabric while you are performing. If jewelry cannot be removed it must be covered with sports tape.
- Wear tops that are secure and that can be tucked in.
- Wear leggings. Be sure your pants have a secure waist – loose waistbands may get pulled off by the fabrics. DO NOT wear shorts WITHOUT leggings or tights underneath!
- Be aware of holes or sheer fabrics near the crotch of pants (this happens more often than you think, so check out your pants/shorts)
How do I get to the studio?
GPS may have a hard time locating us. We are located at 836 Brittan Avenue, San Carlos, CA 94070, directly across the street from the REI in San Carlos and behind A3 Tile! FIRST driveway off the US 101 Highway Southbound – BRITTAN EXIT.
What to do when I get to the Studio?
- Wash your hands & remove your shoes before stepping out onto the studio
- Wearing Face Masks is optional for all aerial class students. Disposable masks are available at the studio for $5/each.
IMPORTANT: If a student is late beyond the 15 minute warm-up, the instructor may ask the late arriving student to observe only and NOT participate that day. Students that arrive late beyond the warm-up and asked not to participate by an instructor may NOT makeup in another class.
There may not be enough time for the student to warm up, watch the instruction to learn and perform effectively what’s being asked of them during class.
See other interesting events in San Carlos. You may also check the main calendar for the dates of these, or to save them on your personal calendar.