Lenkurt Electric Company was a microwave and telecommunications company established by Lennart Erickson and Kurt Appert in 1944. Lenkurt Electric Co. was located east of what was then the Southern Pacific Railroad corridor in the industrial section of San Carlos. In the first year they were based in San Francisco with 10 employees, but this grew to around 75 by 1947 when they moved to San Carlos, California. At its peak, Lenkurt employed 3,000 people. In 1959 the company merged with General Telephone and Electronics Company. The company then closed down in 1983.

×

Hello!

Click one of our contacts below to chat on WhatsApp

×